CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Perelandra




OKay, C.S. Lewis is my favorite author. Hands down. Perelandra is book two in his space trilogy. We were assigned to read it for Dad's Christian Authors class last semester. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. These pictures aren't Perelandra of course but they remind me of it. The final project for that class was a creative project. I wrote a song. I'd like to share the lyrics with you. (The language that you do not recognize is a language I created for a novel I wrote. If you wish to know what that says, you may ask me.)

Finding My Way

Here am I
On this world they call Thulcandra
Who will save me?
There is no Ransom
Come down from the sky
To fight the Unman within

Perelandra
If only I were there
Perelandra
If only is a fool's phrase

Walking in the Land of Shadows
Don't let the Beasts take me
A Key is all I need
To find my way to Faery

Perelandra
Wishing for a higher sphere
Perelandra
Wishing is a fool's dream

Feeling my way through the darkest abyss
No light to guide me
If I fall and stop the trek
No one will come and find me

Perelandra
Saved from a horrible fate
Perelandra
May we enter heaven's gate?

Dar hin de a san
A mey-rey xur ti lanos
Tay hin tur sal-te
Ti mey-rey mur Perelandra

Perelandra
Somewhere I will find it
Perelandra
Is it within reach?

Within reach
Darto hin?

0 comments: