CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Stories



Hello. I have been writing a lot lately. I finished a short story called "Grief." I mentioned it in and earlier post, but have just finished it. It's a very good story. It's based on a song that I learned several years ago. The basic premise is, there are two angels. One angel just lost one of the people she was guarding (the girl committed suicide) and the angel feel horrible about it. So an older angel comes and helps her. If you want to whole thing I can send it to you via email. Let me know if you want it.

The novel I'm working on right now does not quite have a title. The main character's name is Phoenix, hence the picture. This is the best plot line I've come up with and I'm at a point now where I have enough confidence in my writing that I feel I can finish it. (A side note. Ben is now dating someone else. So we aren't going to be seeing each other much anymore.) The story tells of an alien race that comes to earth peacefully to share their knowledge with the humans. This race (Toren) have special abilities (like X-men type powers). The humans want to harness the power for evil, a war ensues, the Toren are nearly wiped out. Only 5 are left and the military imprisons these and tortures them to get their powers out. 4 of them end up escaping, the other woman has a baby and dies in childbirth. He is kept alive so they can use his powers when he is older. This is where the story begins. The boy's name is Phoenix.

It's really coming along well. I read it to mom on our way home from Utah yesterday and she liked it. That made me happy. I've always been afraid of sharing my writing with Mom and Dad because I take constructive criticism too hard. It's not their fault at all. I'm just too sensitive. But their comments have helped me improve my writing and I'm grateful for that. Anyway. More to come later.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I still think about the story you read me in Boise one time. Keep on writing, you can only get better, right? The reason I say that is because I stopped trying a long time ago because I was discouraged, too. You've always been great at trying new things and getting better at the old ones.

Andrea said...

I would be interested to read your story. Adam is also writing a science fiction novel and talks about what he's going to do with the proceeds. Dream big and keep at it, right?